Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My husband of 15 years had broken up with a girl friend

Customer Question
before we met. He...
My husband of 15 years had broken up with a girl friend before we met. He convinced me it was over. She wrote him about 8 years and one child later. It was a difficult time in our marriage and he thought it might be better with her. He talked to her online and on the phone. He went to visit her finally and she wouldn't see him. That's over I think, it's been several years. But now he's friends with this woman on an online game, she showed him her breasts. She's a nurse and has never been married. She's also about 25 years younger.
I'm having a medical procedure done and who does he ask about it, but her. He doesn't understand why this bothers me. I don't think I'm being over sensitive. I asked if I could see the correspondence and he said no.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Relationship
2/13/2016
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 2 years ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Sorry to hear this. It sounds as if he has done as he pleases when he likes without much regard to your feelings. No need to really see the correspondence because you know it could be laden with inappropriate things..if he hasn't acted this way in the past, it might be different but his past and his refusal now may say otherwise. I am sorry he is treating you in this way. After your procedure, I would sit and talk with him about what he desires in the marriage going forward...let him know how you love and care for him and want to be with him, but you also desire to be respected and valued. Then it is up to him to decide how he will behave in the marriage.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.