TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

An old friend of mine told me he was in love with me, he is

Customer Question

An old friend of mine told me he was in love with me, he is married to someone else and I am happily married. I told him I did not feel the same way. He has now told his wife of our conversation and she has left him. I feel so sick about this and do not know who to turn to. Please help
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Since you have told him you do not feel the same and you are happily married, the rest has nothing to do with you...if he chose to tell his wife and she left him, that is all about their relationship and their unhappiness. I would continue on with your life and not have contact with him. It sounds like he was not able to hear you when you told him you did not feel the same way, so maintaining a strong boundary is the way to go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice

How else can I support you?

If all good for now, please click on the rating tab to rate my support. Thanks in advance. I am here if you need.

Jen