TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

It's a bit of a story but I will try to be concise. My

Customer Question

Hi
It's a bit of a long story but I will try to be concise. My partner and I lived abroad for many years. 2 yrs ago my partner left and returned to his native uk as his job prospects were better there and he has 2 sons in the uk that he wanted to be closer to.
Our relationship continued but in a more casual way. After a few months he asked me to leave my post and move in with him however I coukd not due to my contract and told him I woukd in a year if he coukd wait. We agreed. I shipped my things to uk and moved into shared accommodation to save money in the last months of my job. We spent all holidays and summers together with his family and we flew my mum over a few times as well. Things were good and serious.we talked of marriage.
A few months before the end of my contract my mum became ill in canada and I came to look after her for 1 month. My partner came to canada as well. I had to return to my job to finish the contract but my partner offered to stay and care for mum while
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Tarra Bates-Duford replied 1 year ago.

Could you please provide additional information surrounding what occurred after your partner offered to care for your mum. Do you have any specific questions?