TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

Been in this relationship months now, and I have been

Customer Question

Been in this relationship for two months now, and I have been studying him, the good part is that he is hardworking, focused and determined, he achieves anything he sets out to achieve and romantic too. Bad part is that he is not generous, he is self centered, immature and not too good sexually. He calls me 2 or 3 times daily if we are not in the same town but when we together the communication is not too strong. I love him for reasons I can't place,, I just fell in love. Three days ago we had an issue of which he offended me and we have not spoken since then till now, and we are in the same house. what does that mean?
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am confused on what to do, I dont think I should be treated less so am keeping silent too. My friend say I should talk to him first and find out what I did to him before I leave his house tomorrow, but I dont think so, I just think I should leave and whenever he is tired of keeping silent he calls me or probably that could just be the end of us. He offended me and has not apologised instead he is keeping silent, its not good.
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

It depends on what you want from this...think about this less about him and more about what you need around it. This may not be the relationship for you if this is how communication goes, but without putting yourself out there a bit and trying something new, you will never know if things can be worked on. Again, it's about you and what you want from it. Why can't he come to you and talk? who knows, but as you say, he isn't great about communicating. So use this experience as a learning one for yourself and ask to sit and talk with him and see what can be worked through. At least then when you leave, you can know that you did what was possible to make things work. You may be happier for it.

Let me know how else I can support you. If all good for now, please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. Thanks in advance.