TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My marriage is in the crapper right now. months I wasn't

Customer Question

My marriage is in the crapper right now. For 9 months I wasn't truthful with my wife about my gambling habits. She found out recently I had also befriended another female( nothing inappropriate). She is obsessed and consumed now with catching me or "busting"me. To the point that now her behavior is shady and suspicious and she also is beginning to lie about stupid things. Now I think she's fooling around or whatever to get back at me. She has convinced herself I cheated. I beginning to think she cheated to get even we can't even be in the same room together, the accusations and the verbal abuse are to much. Tonight it got physical. I can't do this shit anymore what needs to happen here? I love my wife like crazy and she has convinced herself that I'm a cheating piece of shit!!!! What do I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mark, I am sorry to hear that things have deteriorated to this point. I think you both need to take a step back, not engage when things feel crazy and when things feel calmer sit with each other and talk about the love you have for one another, what you both want from the marriage and then work toward that. If you both want the marriage but are acting out to hurt the other, you must address this. The most effective way to figure it all out is to get into marital counseling where all issues can be addressed in a safe and supportive environment. Right now you are both in reactive states and we need to get you back to a calm state and address all of the issues with openness and honesty.

Mark, let me know your thoughts. If all good for now, please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. I am here if you need me again in the future.