TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I really like this girl, but I'm too shy to make a move.

Customer Question

I really like this girl, but I'm too shy to make a move. Does she like me or is she just being friendly?
Category: Relationship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really fancy this girl on my University course. I would say she first caught my eye 2 weeks ago, but I only managed to speak to her properly, without it having anything to do with the seminar, this Friday.The first time I saw her she was sat a few tables away on my left, facing me.When she stood up to go throw something in the bin I was kind of staring at her behind. She caught me! She looked round, saw me and smiled.Afterwards, there was this weird noise and we both looked up at each other, held eye contact for about 2-3 seconds and we both smiled. She gave me a smile, looked down and kept smiling.This Friday I sat down at a table I knew she would sit at, since her friend was there and a friend of mine.I left a chair free on my right and there were 2 other free chairs on the table too.She sat next to me.At times it felt like she was constantly looking at me or at least trying to get me to look at her. When we spoke she would often look directly at me.Also, at times, her legs would touch mine and she wouldn't move.She yawned without covering her mouth at one point, and I pretended to stick my finger in her mouth and she playfully tried to bite it.When we were getting coffee I play-hit her and she did it back saying "You better watch out or you'll break your hands, I'm super strong!" ... as a tease.What do you think about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I almost forgot, I did touch her on her thigh and upper arm... she didn't move.I feel like I overthink too :(
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

It all sounds great....and these are little flirtatious games you are both enjoying together. I think you are doing great and she is enjoying herself too. You can let this happen a bit longer and then get the strength to ask her out for some time just the two of you. I understand you are nervous, but what do you have to lose? If you ask and she says yes then, wonderful. If you ask and she says no, then you are in no different position than you are now. So, take a deep breath, enjoy what is building and when you are ready ask her if she would like to accompany you to dinner.

Wishing you the best. Let me know if I can help further, but if all good for now, please take a moment to click on the rating tab to rate my support. Thanks so much in advance.