TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

Am in a relasonship where he is always thinking am cheating.

Customer Question

Am in a relasonship where he is always thinking am cheating. Also I dont know how to talk to him because he gets very defensive then he calls me really bad names. How do I handle this
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear this...it sounds as if he has been hurt in the past and has some difficulty with trust. If you can't talk to him on those moments, I might wait for a quiet moment when things feel great and let him know how you care and love him and only him. If he allows himself to be present in those moments then slowly over time he might be able to fully believe it. If things don't change then you will need to ask yourself if this is what you want out of your relationship.

Are you still there?