VA-NP
VA-NP, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Nurse Practitioner
3157612

My girlfriend left me 3 weeks ago. Throughout these 3 weeks

Customer Question

My girlfriend left me 3 weeks ago. Throughout these 3 weeks I have been contacting her often trying to get her to see how bad she hurt me. I know that I went overboard and made myself look crazy. Today she told me that when she was questioning her decision
of leaving me, my constant texting made her realize she made the right decision as she sees the real me now. I am so mad at myself. When we initially broke up she wasn't sure if she was making the right decision and I guess I thought that constantly texting
her would make her change her mind. I know that I need to go no contact for my own sanity, but I am wondering if going no contact with her could potentially make her change her mind about breaking up with me? I do want to get her back if it's even possible,
and I have heard success stories with the no contact rule. Is it too late for no contact to make her miss me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  VA-NP replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. Did she give you reasons for breaking up?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She cheated on me, and said she wanted to continue seeing the person she cheated with. At that time she didn't want to break up with me because she loved me and saw a future with me but then broke up with me because I told her she had to choose either me or the other. She got mad that I was making her choose right then, so she chose to leave me stating that she still kind of wanted to see the other person and that must mean something. The other person she is seeing is married and currently on a break from their spouse.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just worried because she said that since I've been texting her so much she feels she made the right choice to leave me. I don't know if that's reversible if I stop contacting her now.
Expert:  VA-NP replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the additional information. Giving her some space right now to think over her choices might be the best thing to do. There's no guarantee, of course, but you admit you made a nuisance of yourself when the breakup first occurred. Giving her some space, and being less needy might be what makes her choose you over the other person. I would also think about getting out and doing things on your own to keep yourself busy so you don't obsess with her. Who knows, you may decide that you prefer being without her.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~