VA-NP
VA-NP, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Nurse Practitioner
3157612

My woman says that sometimes she doesn't look at me like a

Customer Question

my woman says that sometimes she doesn't look at me like a man. She goes to work and I stay home with the kids and do odd jobs while I pursue my dreams. I also started a business. She claims that she is overwhelmed with being the only one really working and that puts her in a certain mood. I've been really trying to find work, yet it's hard doing it around her schedule and the kids; especially when my family and hers doesn't help out. She's not really supportive of my goals and dreams. She once told me that maybe my dreams aren't going to happen... that maybe I should quit those dreams. Moreover, I always have to initiate sex from her all of the time. And it seems as if she never desires me in the way i do her. We started counseling and things were going okay, until she slipped back into her ways. Pushing me away. Never wanting me to kiss or hug her. I know she loves me, but she emotionally and sexually shuts down on me out of the blue. I tell her that I know that we've hurt each other over the years (never cheated) but I am more attracted to her now than ever... Lately, I've been very depressed, scared, vulnerable, insecure, and hurt. I don't know what to do. I still love her and am very attracted to her. Any advise?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  VA-NP replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry no one has responded to your complicated relationship question for so long. Perhaps you can expand a little on the circumstances.

Does you wife have a 9-5 job?

How old are the children, and when are they at home?

Do you do all of the household chores, shopping, cooking, laundry, and tend to the lawn?

You mention that you are pursuing your dreams. What are they? Do you have the educational background, etc. to accomplish your dreams, or are they just fantasies?

What business have you started? How is it going? Is it growing so that it will be a real job in the near future?

Sorry for so many questions, but I need to understand what is going on in your family.

All the best,

Schuyler

~