TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I met a man who is stationed in the Army in Syria. He is due

Customer Question

I met a man who is stationed in the Army in Syria. He is due to come home in one month. We have been talking for a while. He sent some of his belongings to me, without asking, and now the shipment is held up in California because of additional money needed to get the shipment to me. My friend has asked me if I can send money for the additional amount needed for the shipment. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Dr. Jackie, an interpersonal communication researcher/professor and relationship expert. Please do not pay anything at all. If he is for real, he will find a way to get the military to advance him or a family member to loan him. Two red flags: Doing something without asking yiu and asking/seeking money both indicate he is not genuine. If he is genuine, you will get to know him over time! Do you want to chat in real time about this? Far too many innocent women have been scammed; I do not want you to be another statistic!-- Best, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much!
Could you rate our conversation please? Or I can talk further with you if you want. ☺