TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

An affair that has been going on couple of years now. Both are very happy with each

Customer Question

An affair that has been going on for a couple of years now. Both are very happy with each other. He is unhappy with his marriage. I am happy with mine but there is a lot of things that have been lost along the way. I want to be with him but am more concerned about the affect it will be on the kids, him and all the people around us. We have a lot of mutual friends...husband and the other male. I see him in my future, we talk about the present and the future together all the time. There are a lot of different types of pleasures that he gives me that I have never experienced. I have a lot of materialistic things with my husband that we did work hard for to have but I don't want them. I want simple and relaxing and I know I will never have that with my husband. How do I know if I am in a rut? This is something that continues to grow and get stronger overtime.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  DrPsychologist replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm happy to try to help. Since you have children, have you considered that you may face losing custody if your husband finds out and sues for sole custody?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Our state is a no fault state. I suppose its a possibility for him to do that but I'd have to be proven an unfit mother or a danger to them which I am far from.