Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

Is it better woman to be slightly happy knowing a man

Customer Question

Is it better for a woman to be slightly happy knowing a man is just using her sexually and really doesn't care, but she enjoys being with him. Or is it better to be heartbroken and sad and lonely and feeling hopeless. Isn't it better to be used than heartbroken?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 2 years ago.
This really depends what the person wants. If the women does not want a serious relationship and is having fun then it is okay to be happy. However, if the woman is fooling herself into thinking the man wants more than he really does and the woman truly does want more than this will only lead to her getting hurt in the future. In that case it is better to learn to be happy alone since true happiness does come from within anyway. Then in time the woman can find a man that truly loves her and the relationship she truly wants. It will also be healthier and and she will be more prepared as well from within.