Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

My libido is stronger than my husband and I feel frustrated

Customer Question

My libido is stronger than my husband and I feel frustrated and undesirable to say the least. I takeexcellent care of myself and have been told that I am beautiful but yet my husband dictates how often. I have quit initiating. Recently confronted him about
his excessive porn use and he agreed to reduce it and stop looking at naked women on his phone while I am in the room. . Now he has changed the password ***** browser settings and I could not know the frequency if I wanted to. .. .
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello again, I am sorry you are still having this issue regarding your husband. It sounds like he is truly not making an effort to change or be a more attentive partner to you. While he said that he would lessen his pornographic viewing, it sounds like he is only wanting to hide it from you so that he can continue viewing pornography at his leisure, which could be just as frequent as before or even more frequent. You cannot control your husband's behavior as this is his choice, but I think you need to push him further to undergo Couples Therapy with a Sex Therapist as this is a major issue in your marriage and will continue to frustrate you as long as he continues down this path.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*****Remember I only get compensated for my hard work through positive ratings, so I would truly appreciate it if you can take the time and provide me with a POSITIVE RATING using the smiley faces/stars. Thank you so much and it was my pleasure helping you with your issue.*****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I am feeling so frustrated, sad and undesirable.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
I am very sorry to hear that. I would recommend that you seek couples therapy as soon as you can.