Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

So my girlfriend of two years move back home six

Customer Question
So my girlfriend of two...
So my girlfriend of two years move back home for school six months ago. She wanted me to come with her. But i had to stay back to help my family. Well all is good here an i have taken a career. That we talk about for me to move there an take the next step together. Being getting a house together. Since she has been home her school/work/Family life has been very stress full. To the point we only got to speak breifly on the phone When she was going to or from work. So she has gone to her sisters which is six hours further away for a few months to find her self. Wanting to take a break from everything including us.. I am heart broken over this. So I am at a total loss here an have no idea what to make off this. She asked that we dont speak. I have txt a few times an we talked last week. the first time in almost a month. I am hopeing for the best but i just feel like i am fooling my self.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Relationship
I'm just not sure what to do. I want to give her space. But I know myself the distance has been a strain. This girl literally jumped out of a plane with me! Climb mountains an played in a ocean together.
6/29/2015
Counselor: PATRICIA, HAPPILY MARRIED FOR 19 YEARS replied 3 years ago
PATRICIA
PATRICIA, HAPPILY MARRIED FOR 19 YEARS
Hello, I am reading your question now,
Hello, I am sorry you are going through this in your relationship. It seems like she is needing some time to think. I would suggest that you be there for her as a friend, but prepare yourself to move on. A relationship has to be 50/50. It will not work if one person is not putting an equal amount into the relationship. Some people come into our lives just for a little while. God sends people to teach us things, and those people are not meant to be there for a lifetime, but just for a season. For example, some people may be in our lives so that we can learn how to appreciate, or how to truly love, or how to be patient, and be a better person. No matter what happens, it will all work out for God’s glory. You may not be able to see it at this moment, but you will send the end result, and you will be able to look back and realize what his plan was all along. He could be building you up to be a better person, or to allow her to be a better person. Trust in God, and he will lead you. Be there for her, because you don’t know what she is struggling with. In time, it will all work out for the best. We all want what we want, but it may not be what God wants.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, God Bless!!
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.