Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I have been living with a woman years, since we bought

Customer Question
I have been living with...
I have been living with a woman for 7 years, since we bought a house together. I've been in a relationship with her for 20 years. I gave her a saphire & diamond ring (approx $5K) about ten years ago - but not as an engagement ring. We are not engaged. I am 59, she is 58. So -- a couple of questions: What is the etiquette/protocol to ask her to marry me? Do I need to give her (another) expensive ring? Do I propose with a wedding band? Help!!!
I (we) don't like to be center of attention - so don't want a big wedding/cermony either. Help! Suggestions???
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Relationship
Also, she is divorced. I wasnever married.
6/29/2015
Counselor: VA-NP, Nurse (RN) replied 3 years ago
VA-NP
VA-NP, Nurse (RN)
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.