TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

Havent seen my ex boyfriend in 8 months but i still tex him

Customer Question

Havent seen my ex boyfriend in 8 months but i still tex him ,he always replys does this mean he still cares or am i wasting my time. I cant get him off my mind
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome. I'm a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.
Seems like you both may have some unresolved feelings toward one another. He has said he was gun shy but some time has passed so would you be willing to take a risk and ask him again if he desires to give it a try? I look at it as why not take the chance...you don't have anything to lose because if he says no, then you are in the same position you are now.
You may reach out and ask him to meet up for coffee or something and try and get a sense. If he isn't ready, then I would begin your healing and your moving on. I know how hard that is and how you love him, but if he doesn't accept this additional offer then it sounds like he is not desirous of reconnecting in that way and the texts are just a way to remain in touch with nothing more.