TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

I'm missing my ex badly we broke up a week ago

Customer Question

Hi XXXXXX I'm missing my ex badly we broke up a week ago after a great weekend away! We are first cousins and he is scared his daughter will not approve! He can't really tell me why he ended just that he isn't happy but doesn't know why! What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear of this pain. It seems like he is conflicted about the cousins issue and has backed away because of this and his strong feelings for you. The best thing you can do is to give him some time and space to process it all so that he can come to terms with what he feels and if he can reconnect to you.
I know how much you want him back...I understand that completely, but it sounds like he needs the time to process it all and figure it out for himself. I know how hard it is to pull back a bit, but pushing him or even pushing for friendship could cause him to pull away fro you even more.