Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  I have a doctoral degree in psychology and have a history of providing couple's and family therapy.
74815544

I have been seeing my boy friend in a half years.. I'm

Customer Question

I have been seeing my boy friend for 10 in a half years.. I'm mad with him because he went out of town for his birthday. Which was just 5/15/15. He didn't even contact me to let me know he was leaving. I knew he was going away for his bday. But didn't know what day. He have not tried to apologize or talk about this issue. I have reached out to him through text letting him know how I feel. I even told him that he act as if he don't value me or the friendship. He still haven't said sorry or can we talk. What should I think or do. Should I bring up the fact that I'm still upset.? Or just wait to see if he reach out to me. I've only seen him once for about an hour at my house but nothing since then and that was five days ago. Haven't even talk to him since three days ago. He haven't call me. I feel since I've already told him how I feel and why I'm upset. He should be reaching out to me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am very sorry that you are having this issue with your boyfriend, I can understand how distressing this can be for you. I agree that your boyfriend should definitely be reaching out to you, but because he has not reached out to you since you have told him how upset you are, I would recommend trying to ask him if he wants to go somewhere to talk about things. You can express to him that you are still hurt by what he did on his birthday and that you are wondering why he has not tried to talk about it with you. It has been over two weeks since his birthday, so that is plenty of time to reach out to you and because he has not he may be thinking that you will forget this issue and move on from it. You cannot enable his behavior, so you should definitely bring this issue up and express that you are still hurt and upset, and that you do not want to fight, but instead you want to talk about this with him to resolve the matter and move forward from it.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. I truly wish you and your boyfriend all the best and I hope he will see his error and apologize for what he did. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate it if you can provide me with a positive rating so that I can receive credit for helping you today. Thank you