TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

I feel like im 2 different people. It controls my life i am

Customer Question

I feel like im 2 different people. It controls my life i am happily married ambitious confident and love life. The other me has a lot of self doubt confidence issues is shy and nervous and seeks attention from others in the term of an ongoing lust for another man. Is there something wrong with me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your concern. I am sorry that you are having this issue, I can understand how distressing this can possibly be for you. I would like to ask you a few questions to get a better idea of your situation, so that I can better assist you.
1. How long has this been an issue for you?
2. Are there specific times/instances where you feel confident or when you feel like you have self-doubt? Or do these two personalities come about at random?
3. Have you felt this issue becoming worse and worse over time?
4. In addition, do you have any symptoms of anxiety, change in eating and sleeping habits, feel hopeless, and/or pessimistic about yourself and the world?