Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My husband and I recently separated (It's been about a month).

Customer Question
The reason we are separated...
My husband and I recently separated (It's been about a month). The reason we are separated isn't by my choice, but rather, he disappeared one day and never returned home. After six days of waiting for him, I was asked by his relative to leave the house. I packed what little I own, grabbed all three of our children, and left as requested. I now live with a relative of mine and have very little to take care of the children with - we are running out of money, have lost a great deal of our possessions, and the children are taking this situation very hard; They cry often because they want to see their dad.
Two days after I left the house and moved in with my relative, I received a text from my husband saying he missed me incredibly much, but his sadness and missing me seems to have burnt out quickly because he has ignored me for days, will speak to me here and there, goes back to ignoring me for days again. In turn to this, he refuses to give me any answers in regarding what happened, why, and what we are even going to do when it comes to staying together, divorcing, the children, and more.
I also learned not long ago that I am pregnant and around five months along, which has made this situation seem even more difficult. I text him to let him know and he seemed supportive with it, but after an hour of talking to him, he went back to ignoring me. Our oldest son needs to be in a stable environment where he can begin school in a few months and my husband has confused me and occasionally ignored me to the point where I don't know what to do. Any and all decisions I make are wrong to him; seem to make him mad or just outright ignore me.
Throughout my marriage, my husband had an issue with drinking. I know that drinking is what he's not only been doing every day that I've been away, but its one of the reasons he disappeared. His friends enable his drinking and encourage it, while I just simply wanted to have my family together. He believes drinking is what makes him a man and will not look into any programs for help, so when I'm offered that idea - its a dead end solution.
How can I better communicate with him? He seems so confused that he's confused me in so many ways.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Relationship
5/29/2015
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 3 years ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.