Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

if a man wants to take a time out with you because a woman

he had met six months...
if a man wants to take a time out with you because a woman he had met six months ago has resurfaced and he has to deal with that issue.
12/3/2013
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Coach Jen K. :

Hi and welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

Coach Jen K. :

I think you have a choice here....accept that he is willing to take a break from you while he explores his feelings with this woman or ask yourself is this the kind of man i believe respects me

Coach Jen K. :

If his feelings were really strong for you and he respected yours then he would not desire to see what is what with this other woman.

Coach Jen K. :

Hi

Coach Jen K. :

thoughts?

Coach Jen K. :

I see that you are here with me in the chat. please let me know some of your thoughts while reading what I have written

Customer:

I really didn't think this was fair of him, and if he had left the relationship six month ago and resurfaced, it means to me that he must have liked her to even bother with her.

Coach Jen K. :

I am in agreement with you and i believe it is disrespectful of your feelings

Customer:

I agree with you about respect of my feelings, and I thank you. It is causing me a lot of stress. Please answer me back to see if I am seeing this clearly, okay?

Coach Jen K. :

If things arent resolved for him i can understand that but he is with you now and if he is taking a break then you are in a position of whether to accept that or not

Coach Jen K. :

are you seeing my responses?

Coach Jen K. :

if there are technical issues just bear with me. let me know you are seeing my above responses

Coach Jen K. :

If I dont get a response back from you I will switch out of chat and we will continue in the question and answer form....sometimes the site has issues with the chat.

Customer:

Does a good man do this type of thing to a woman?

Coach Jen K. :

in my opinion....NO.

Coach Jen K. :

and I think it gives you insight into how he might treat you moving forward. He either puts you first or he doesnt.

Coach Jen K. :

you are supposed to hang around while he plays it out with this other woman? That is what he expects. and if you do wait and then he decides to be with her then you are really left feeling hurt

Coach Jen K. :

i would talk with him about it and see how he responds and go from there.

Customer:

I was just going to ignore his email but do you think I should reply, and if so what would I say to him? Please help me compose a reply.

Coach Jen K. :

he sent this news to you in an email?

Customer:

Yes. To begin with I only had lunch with this guy once but we were emailing each other back and forth.l

Coach Jen K. :

I think he is looking for an easy exit here. If it were me, I would not respond and I would move on and live your life.

Customer:

Thank you very much. I guess you should go with your feelings and I did feel hurt and stressed.

Coach Jen K. :

yes your gut is on target here.

Coach Jen K. :

i am here if you need support at any other time. please take a moment to offer a rating of my work and thank you.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Hi Jen K.

You were right on with your answers, how do I make sure I get you again if I need help?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC