Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

So Ive been seeing this girl for about a month and a half…

So I've been seeing this...
So I've been seeing this girl for about a month and a half we went on quite a few dates so far like basketball games, movies, plays, dinner and a whole bunch of other stuff after the third date we started holding hands kissing all that cute girlfriend boyfriend stuff...anyways a few days ago she she didn't hold my hand kiss me good by just sent me a text saying we have to slow things down and take baby steps. I was just wondering am I wasting my time with her is there someone else on the side or should I take things slow. I just don't understand how u can go for holding hands and kissing then afterwards not feeling comfortable with it...?
12/3/2013
Rafael-E-Therapist
Rafael-E-Therapist, Psychotherapist

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry to know about this frustrating situation.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For how long have you known this person before you started dating?

Customer:

Probably about two months or so

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I can see why you feel confused about this sudden change of behavior. I see, then you just started to know each other and date.

Customer:

Ya I was just wondering y she wants to take baby steps now and y we stop holding hands and kissing and stuff

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

There s no way to know what is causing this radical change, it could be what you fear, or it could be that she is afraid of getting more attached this soon and then getting hurt, anything could happen but you would not know unless you happen to take enough time to learn about her much more and better.

Customer:

Ya that's true

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You need to be truthful with yousrel;f if you feel comfortable with this change and feel it is worthy to work on it going this slow after this intense phase.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Based on what you see everything seems to be working just fine, but also fast for her, and only time would show you if she's been honest or is using this change as a excuse to get away from you. I'd focus on sharing, learning about her, from her behaviors more then from her words, and see how it evolves, as long as you feel it is worthy.

Customer:

So just rescept her wish and take things slow for now on then...cuz she told me she was talking to another guy before me then when she met me she stop talking to him cuz she was really into me I know it's been only 2 months but I kinda fallen for this girl

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, well that could be one reason, but you know she decided to be with you and now wants to slow down, not to end it, and if you feel this way, then I think it would be consistent to try, explore and find out what her behaviors in time show you about her honesty, affection and expectations for your relationship.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I think under any scenario you'd need much more time in order to know each other better, then you'd find out better how compatible and well you feel with each other at multiple levels. Right now it is too soon. Happily she is willing to work on it, then it's up to you if you feel it is worthy to do it or not.

Customer:

Kk sounds good

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Good.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions and to follow up, since I am here willing to support you as possible.

Customer:

Thz alot for ur time

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you for your trust. Take gentle care and consistent action.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please remember to rate session before you leave chat. Thanks.

Rafael-E-Therapist
Rafael-E-Therapist, Psychotherapist