Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Hi Wendy. I wanted to get some advice from you if possible.

I have been talking to...
Hi Wendy. I wanted to get some advice from you if possible. I have been talking to my trainer. We've gone out now 3 times since my training ended. When we meet it is usually only for an hour because of her schedule. She also told me she's bisexual in one of our conversations. I felt she wants a relationship but I'm confused at her behavior. I am the one that always initiates contact and when she responds she responds happy and usually always meets me. However, when I text her and ask her out she won't respond and only waits a day. I feel like she is afraid to talk to me at times. I feel like maybe I am bothering her? I do all the contacting and at times feel like maybe I should leave her alone. She once never responded to me when I asked her to go out and then got back to me 2 weeks asking to go out. I feel like she is driving me crazy. I feel her interest in how she talks but then I feel like I'm the one doing all the contacting and asking her out. I feel torn between what to do. I feel maybe once again I should just let her be? I try to think about her and I living together but at the same time I still love my partner. I feel I have a lot of feelings for my trainer as well. I sometimes feel like maybe I should just tell her? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
12/2/2013
Josie-Mod
Josie-Mod, Moderator

Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Wendy MFT
Wendy MFT, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Hi there! Glad to hear from you again. So, sounds like there has been some progression in the relationship, but still a lot of confusion. So, your question is - should you just tell her? I'm thinking that maybe that IS the best idea at this point. You can just come out and ask her about how she feels about the two of you, or you could at least share your feelings, not just about her, but also about how you feel you always initiate, and yet she seems happy to hear from you. It is just soooooo hard to know what other people's behavior "means" without asking them for clarification. I know that it's a really difficult thing to do, but that would be my advice at this point. I really think it's time to be open about your feelings and go from there. One question to ask: what do you have to lose? :-) Hope to hear back from you soon.
Wendy MFT
Wendy MFT
Wendy MFT