Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Please advice me on this. I have recently met someone who has

been divorced for many years...
Please advice me on this. I have recently met someone who has been divorced for many years and given me the impression that he was looking for a serious relationship. I have a feeling that he tried to manipulate me and that he is hiding something. We have been on a few dates and always said how 'down' he was and even thought of commiting suicide because he has 'done everything' in life. Note that he does have a humour too. Also each time he saw me, he asked me to change my hair colour! Once he invited me out for lunch and insisted to order the same food as him. We were sitting outdoors and twice he pointed to me a couple who were 'in love' and later we went for a walk and wanted as to behave as a couple. I hardly know him and have no feelings for him and I wanted us to leave early. For me it was just dating to get to know each other and doubt his true intentions. Ofcourse I would like your opinion. Thanking you in advance.
11/6/2013
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

Depression and melancholia are pretty much the same thing.

It seems as if this man is desperate to get back into a couples relationship but somehow does not seem to know how. He thinks that ACTING like a couple will somehow make you into a couple.

Perhaps he wants to turn you into a clone of his long lost love and hence asked you to change your hair colour. Even his ordering of the same food as you seems to be some way of tryng to "merge" with you.

His intentions may be to recapture the "feeling" of being in a relationship without actually being in one.

You wanted to leave early. You have no feelings for him. His behaviour is a bit bizarre and depressive.

I think that you should find a more suitable and straightforward person to date and not begin to form a bond with a ban who seems to have several issues, including low moods and strange behaviour.

I wish you great success in moving forward in your left.

Continue to trust your instincts.

I shall keep you in my prayers for success.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist