How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliott, LPCC, NCC Your Own Question
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 7664
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Elliott, LPCC, NCC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you handle after a thirty year marriage that your husband

This answer was rated:

How do you handle after a thirty year marriage that your husband says he doesn't find you sexually appealing anymore. I look better than I did twenty gears ago. He has been drinking more frequently and going to strip clubs. He says he loves me but I cannot picture being married to someone who can't have sex with me. Basically be my roommate.

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

When he goes to strip clubs he is concentrating his sexual interest on the little girls who work these clubs, and this his is immature idea of what a female should be. He rejects real women, who DO stay womanly as they age.

It sounds as if he is losing control of his life by going out drinking and going to these clubs, which should be humiliating for a man to to suckered for small bills by young girls who have no dignity or self - respect but just take advantage of men, and sometimes let men take advantage of them, for a price.

I suggest that before you think about calling it quits (for it will head in this direction because you are too young and vibrant to be his roomate) that you find a sex therapist and get some counseling. Sex therapists are mental health professionals with additional training.c

The best place to find one is at AASECT. Let me find the link:


Click on your state and find the list.

If you allow this to continue, your relationship will fall apart. After thirty years it should be worth fighting for. Even if you think you have only a slim chance, it is best to give it your best shot.

If you need to get back to me on this question, please don't hesitate, at no extra charge. In the meanwhile I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,


Elliott, LPCC, NCC and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you