Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.
You seem to be a very intriguing person.
I really like your term "emotionalsexoholic".
I believe that there is already another term for this concept. There is nothing new under the sun.
It is called Histrionic Personality Disorder and I believe that you may fit into that diagnostic caterogy, from the official Psychiatric Diagnostic Manual.
Here are the diagnostic criteria, quoted verbatim:
(DSM IV - TR) HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY DISORDER
A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
(1) is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
(2) interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
(3) displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
(4) consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
(5) has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
(6) shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
(7) is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
(8) considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are
If you fit five or more of the 8 then you are diagnosable. You may not have all 5 but you are probably close. What do you think?
I wish you great happiness and success. If you don't like the way you are then you can get therapy from from someone who works with personality disorders.
If you do like the way you are, then enjoy yourself.
Either way I shall keep you in my prayers.
Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC