How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliott, LPCC, NCC Your Own Question
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 7664
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Elliott, LPCC, NCC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancée doesnt had as much of a appetite as me and

This answer was rated:

My fiancée doesn't had as much of a sexual appetite as me and we fight often about the lack of sex I think we are having. How do I deal with this and stop the fighting over sex

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help.

This must be very distressing for you but you will have to either accept her as she currently is and not fight, or have a second opinion about the viability of your relationship.

The worst thing that you can do is to fight about it.

Fighting just separates you more and makes sex become a bigger issue and may turn it into a real stumbling block.

If you are making plans to get married, then I suggest that you talk about visiting a certified sex therapist, who is usually a licensed mental health therapist with additional training and certification and are the most qualified to help.

This is a serious issue that you need to resolve before you get married. Resolving it doesn't necessarily mean that you will have as much sex as you desire, but it will mean that you will have a happier and more fulfilling relationship, and that is the key to good sex.

The best way to find such a therapist is at the AASCT website.

AASECT - Member Directory

When the map appears, click on your province and a list will then appear from which you can choose.

If you cannot find someone close enough then you might try www.psychologytoday and find a therapist (marriage and family) near to you.

Your best bet, however is a certified sex therapist.

I wish you great success in improving your relationship and I shall keep you in my prayers for success.

Warm regards,



ps- I see your name is XXXXX XXXXX Candi. You wrote fiancee with Two e's meaning female. Perhaps you meant fiance meaning a man.


Whatever your genders, the advice is exactly the same.


Blessing to you both.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you

Related Relationship Questions