Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

My 68 yr old husband had an affair with a 26 yr old for 14

months. When I found...
My 68 yr old husband had an affair with a 26 yr old for 14 months. When I found out, I was devestated that I did not find out sooner. I spoke with her calmly and she confirmed she had sex with him, but not often because he has Erection Dysfunction due to Diabetes; however, she did receive money from him and she accepted it because she has two little girls, and needed to buy necessities for them. My husband and I continue to have sex, but not often. However, since finding out, our sex is better and he has an erection more often. I actually would like for him to continue seeing her; I enjoy hearing about these get togethers. Is this normal, it really turn me on.
9/8/2013
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist

Hi! I'll be glad to help you with this issue.

I can imagine how confusing this situation must be for you. The story of this affair certainly has not progressed in the traditional way. You are not upset. Rather, you've found that your husband's sexuality has improved and thus your own sexual satisfaction. And even more surprising to you, the idea of this other women is sexually a turn on for you.

The idea that you need to feel negatively about this whole thing is not really a requirement. You are all consenting adults. An important element of the story is that this woman, even though she has kids, is not married. Thus, there is no person here who is being deceived. All three of you are adults and you have the right to conduct your sexual affairs as you wish.

Morally, you are not violating our societal laws. You and your husband know your religious and ethical moral beliefs. Therefore, again, you have no need to feel as though there is something intrinsically wrong in what you are proposing.

There is one concern, though. Her expectation may be to continue receiving money. So you and your husband need to make sure that she can fit within your budget. If so, then it would seem you two have found a way to renew your sexual lives. So, enjoy.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Hi! I'm very glad that I was able to help you with this and thank you for your positive rating. If I can help you in the future in any way, please don't hesitate to let me know.

All the best,
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist