Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My husband moves small objects in the home which I have placed

My husband moves small objects in the home which I have placed to help me get organized and used the casual paper napkins for a guest when we could have used paper cocktail napkins, ( coffee at coffee table in living room ). There can be reasons for him doing this, as much as my reasons for doing something different. If it could go either way,
is it a concern?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I believe that I can help you with this issue.

It is only a concern if it causes disharmony or friction between you and your husband.

It might be, if this seems a bit serious to you, that your husband may suffer from a personality disorder known as Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD), which is not the same as Obsessive-Compulisve Disorder (OCD).

People with this disorder have a preoccupation with control, olrderlikness, and perfection, which overshadow qualities of efficiency. They are often absorbed with details, lists, organizaition, rules, schedules, and can't see the forest for the trees because they are immersed in details. The can be perfectionists or workaholics, will not delegate tasks, and may be stingy.

This may not describe your husband. If it does in any way, let me recommend this book.

Product Details

Present Perfect: A Mindfulness Approach to Letting Go of Perfectionism and the Need for Control by Pavel G Somov PhD

I wish you great success and shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC