Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

My fiance and i have split because of conflicts with my kids

My fiance and i have...
My fiance and i have split because of conflicts with my kids and is lost within herself...can we salvage our relationship?
7/14/2013
Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist

Deardebra :

Thank you for your question.

Deardebra :

Yes, you can salvage your relationship.

Deardebra :

You mentioned that there is conflict with your children.

Deardebra :

This is very common where parenting styles are different.

Deardebra :

This can create conflict because you might think one way is the right things to do and she might not see things your way.

Deardebra :

You want to listen to what she is saying so that she feels she is included in the decision making, even if you have the finally say at least she was included.

Deardebra :

You both also need to take that time out for each other to continue to create that bond. Right now it is over a conflict with the children so some times people get to a point where they no longer can stay and they decide to leave the situation.

Deardebra :

The reason is because it gets to be too much. But you both need to separate the two by remembering that you both need to think of each others wants and needs.

Deardebra :

When you first start dating you are getting to know the person and trying to impress the person as time passes you begin to get comfortable.

Deardebra :

Then life gets in the way and there are every day problems that you face together. Every problem you over come creates a bond. It shows strength in the relationship. But problems that do not get solved cause devisions in the relationship.

Deardebra :

You can not let problems get in the way of you relationship or your love for eat other, so communication is key in solving this problem.

Deardebra :

You need to reassure her that these conflicts can be resolved.

Deardebra :

You both have to really sit down and talk about what you both can do to work together to solve these problems

Deardebra :

Then when you feel like you both have figure out what to do, I suggest all sitting down as a family to discuss what needs to be done in order to have a healthy happy environment with one another.

Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Dear Debra
Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist