Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

I met my boyfriend a little over a year ago through a dating

Customer Question

I met my boyfriend a little over a year ago through a dating service (not online) kind of like a matchmaker. Well anyhow when we first met we saw each other at least once a week and have talked on the phone every night for over an hour. Over the past 8 months we have been in a friend status mostly. I am a widow with 3 kids 12 16 & 19 yrs old. He has never been married and has no kids. I have recently gone back to college. He is always trying to help me through any tough time I have with my life school, work, kids. I like his help but lately I have been getting very emotional and he doesn't know how to handle it. He wants me to tell him how he should interpret my moods. I don't know what to tell him. He does not want to see me getting stressed out so he is always changing the topic if it gets too stressful for me. I don't want the topic to change because I want to work through our relationship and get back to dating. If we stay on topic I get emotional, not in a bad way. We still talk almost every night for an hour. I don't know what to do.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.