Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

What is my ex doing?

I asked a question on...

I asked a question on here a few months ago, here is the link if you want some more info on the whole thing, but I'll quickly summarize.

http://www.justanswer.com/relationship/7hriz-met-first-girlfriend-ever-back-mid-august-online.html

So to quickly explain, me and my ex broke up in November. I tried so hard to try and keep the relationship going, but she didn't. After saying things to me during out relationship like. "I like you a lot, so much that it scares me a bit. I don't want to lose you." She ended it by saying that she'd rather just be friends, and that she only liked me as a friend and she wasn't ready for a relationship. I tried in mid december to talk to her, to tell her that I love her, asking her if she had any feelings for me. She said she did, but she lost them. I told her that I though she was one of the most beautiful, nicest and sweetest women I ever met, where she replied by saying, "That is where you don't know me. I'm not a nice person, I'm a bitch." That was the lat time we saw each other. And at the beginning of March, something began happening. She began playing me on a game that we hadn't played together since last saw each other. Then at the end of March, she stopped, but began like statuses I was putting up on my Facebook every few weeks. Then, almost two weeks ago, I got a email from here. It was a forwarded email, and she also sent it to 21 others, but I was wondering why she would be sending me anything. She is still friends with me on facebook, which my friends say is a good sign. I am just wondering what you thoughts on it. Thank you. If you need more info, let me know.

6/18/2013
Karin Samms
Karin Samms, Counselor
Hi there, welcome to Just Answer. I will try and help you with your question.

She sounds initially as though she was confused or scared of going into something quite deep and serious, she has now displayed actions that, to me, indicate someone who is consciously thinking of you (her ex) and wanting to 'send' you little status links here and there (reminders of her existence) - this may come across as a good sign and I wouldn't start thinking the best about this situation just yet as she could just be wanting to keep you at 'arm's length' and still know that you're there. She seems to want to keep her in YOUR thoughts too, so again, it depends how you feel about this.

I guess it's important that you don't get too optimistic but remain realistic and objective for a while in terms of what is actually going on here, so keeping your cool and not read too much into these actions of sending your forwarded links/statuses and liking your statuses. If there have been new pictures that you've added with any new friends and or girls - she may be inquisitive, and perhaps wanting to still keep you where she can see you (visually, of course).

It seems she doesn't think much about herself and that may be a reason why she feels she didn't deserve you (from her comments calling herself a "bitch". She may have low self esteem issues or confidence problems, and this could have driven her away), her actions on Facebook of late, seem as though she's trying to keep you still noticing her.

These are just my thoughts and observations - knowing how Facebook works and having worked online as a counselor, it's important to be able to recognize people's feelings through their words online and I wouldn't want you to get hurt or feel let down if nothing comes of this and she is simply a little more active on Facebook at present.

I do hope this is helping, please do come back to me for further assistance and support if you need it, I'd rather support you as much as possible and receive a positive rating and I'd be more than happy to continue supporting you until you feel satisfied.
---------
If I have answered your question, kindly rate my service positively before you leave the site so I may be credited for my time. If you choose to rate me anything less than positive, please do come back to me and I will clarify further or support your query further. Your question will not close and I will continue to support your question. Bonuses are always appreciated.

Kindest Regards, Karin
Hi there,

Can I be of any further help to you? If so, please do let me know.

--------
If I have answered your question, kindly rate my service positively before leaving the site so I may be credited for my time. If you choose to rate me anything less than positive, please do come back to me and I will clarify further or support your query further. Your question will not close and I will continue to support your question. Bonuses are always appreciated.

Regards, Karin
No. That was all I was wondering about. Thank you very much. I just found it very weird since we haven't talked since December. If there is anything else though, I'll be sure to ask you a question. Thank you.
Hi there,
I'm glad I was able to help.
Please if you will, kindly take a second to rate my service positively.
Please do return if you need further assistance.
Kind regards,
Karin
Karin Samms
Karin Samms, Counselor
Hi there T,

Thank you for rating my service positively, it is very much appreciated.

Please do let me know if I can be of further help in the future, if you have new questions and would like to return to me, please open a new page and ask your question, please ensure you add "For Karin" at the start of your question and I will do my very best to help and support you.

Take care, my best wishes to you.

Karin
Karin Samms
Karin Samms
Karin Samms, Counselor