Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

Theres this bar/restaurant Im a regular at. I know most of

There's this bar/restaurant I'm a regular at. I know most of the faces but very few of the names. This girl comes up to me and we have a nice conversation for 15 or so minutes. Week later, we do it again. She mentioned she had a boyfriend (dropped that the second time we spoke for more than 5 minutes), then next convo said they broke up. Now she doesn't talk much at all, just a passing hello usually. I don't like that. I mean, if you're going to show interest, show it consistently in an unobtrusive and subtle way. I know people are generally inconsistent, but that is a major turn-off for me. I'm not the type of guy that likes to play games. Now I don't know how I feel about asking her out, cause she turned me off. I guess it's fairly safe to say she doesn't like me "like that?"

Dr.G. :

Ask her out. Why does it have to get all serious between the two of you. If you are interested then go talk to her. She told you she broke up with her boyfriend for a reason. That was the chance to make your move.

Customer:

Well, I didn't want to make a move too soon because I didn't want to seem too eager. I figured I'd wait a couple days

Dr.G. :

Well, its been a couple of days. Ask her out.

Dr.G. :

It doesn't have to lead to anything seripous

Dr.G. :

serious

Dr.G. :

Just get to know her. Don;t read into too much just from the brief conversations you had

Customer:

It's just hard because I can't get a good read on a situation. Usually if a girl likes me, I can tell, but I can't in this situation

Dr.G. :

That's why you go talk to her more. See where this thing goes

Customer:

Ok, will do. Thanks for helping me out

Dr.G. :

alright good luck