How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Paige Your Own Question
Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 1427
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr. Paige is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am curious about these: 1. The difference between psychiatrist

Resolved Question:

I am curious about these:
1. The difference between psychiatrist and psychologist
2. I like listening to people and helping them with their problems (interested in psychology). I don't foresee being able to attend a 4 year college to obtain a degree in psychology. Is there any other way I can pursue such an interest professionally/officially?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 4 years ago.
Hello. A psychiatrist has a degree in medicine, while a psychologist has a doctorate level degree in psychology. Psychiatry involves more of a medical background, while psychology is more philosophical. If you are interested in pursuing a level of counseling certification, you can certainly look into local programs to start you out in a social setting.Case workers, school counselors, substance abuse counselors, etc. can all get certified and attend a lesser amount of classes than a 4 year degree. Depending on where you live, there may be some community colleges which would be a good start to take some classes and get certified, test the job market and determine your strengths and then advance on your career choice. It is a wonderful and rewarding field to get into.
Dr. Paige and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you

Related Relationship Questions