Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Ryan I ask you this relationship last week or two, what I did

not tell you was that...
Ryan I ask you this relationship last week or two, what I did not tell you was that this relationship has been going on for over 30 something years. I had a relationship with a Lady back in the late 50's & 60's. In early 1966 I had to go out of town to get work, becaus I had a wife and three kid's, this Lady, we will call Dot, and her four kid's, one set of twins, was working in a small town in Texas. I was working on a union Pipefitters job, and was lade-off because we was done with the job. What Dot never ever told me was that she was going to have my baby boy Lee. We will call my boy Lee. When Lee was just a boy 14 or 15 and staying a-lone with his mother Dot, he stoped going to school and went to work. And on this job Lee meet's this 25 or 26 year old woman with two small kid's. We will call her Sin-dy. Sin-dy took Lee and her family in-to her Web and rolled lee up in a big white ball. And has been playing with Lee ever cence he was a boy. I have two grandson's that Sin-dy will not let talk to Grandpa. My boy Lee is still a boy at 47 years old in many way's. Lee's step daughter found me on her computer. what I want to know Mr Ryan. Is there any way that I can help my boy Lee, If he will let me. Like a Dr.or a Srink Thank You jim.
Relist: Other.
Rayn is ok, but if he is not working.The ones that are working .They are OK
3/17/2013
Dr. L
Dr. L, Psychologist
I would like to help you with your question.

I am sorry that your son has gotten under Sin-dy's spell. Your son's seems to be the unfortunate victim of a woman who wants to control his life...and yours too.

I want you to know that in some states in this country grandparents have legal rights to see their grandchildren. Please contact your state legislator or state attorney general's office to find out if such a law exists in your state. If it does, then you can hire an attorney to fight for visitation.

Now back to Lee. If Lee wants help, then he would benefit from seeing a psychologist. A psychologist will help him to understand that Sin-dy has taken advantage of him and used him for her own desires. He will learn to be more confident and more in control of his life. And..he will be helped to make healthy choices about his life..and that of his children.
Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Hi Jim, thanks again for your question and I apologize for my delay in getting back to you.

I appreciate the additional information, and it does make it very difficult to get through to Lee now that he is an adult and feels competent to make his own decisions. Unfortunately situations like the one you described do happen, and if Lee continues to do to everything that Sin-dy says, it may be very difficult to get through to him until he is ready to listen to others. Often people do not realize they are in a "web," and he may have a hard time admitting that to himself.

As you may already know, it can be very difficult to convince someone that they need help. There is help out there for Lee, but most importantly Lee has to want to help himself and do the right thing for his family. I do agree that he would benefit significantly from seeing a professional. If he is willing to listen to you, it would be great if you could get him to see a psychologist or a family therapist. Sometimes people are nervous about getting professional help at first, and if it would make him more comfortable to have you go with him, that is an option that many people use at first. There are a lot of people who have had similar problems as Lee, and with the right help it is certainly possible that he will be able to start creating a better life for his family.

I definitely wish you the best with all of this, and if there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.

Ryan
Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Relationships