Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Ive been in a very intense committed (9 year )relationship

Customer Question
in Dalllas. We were engaged...
Ive been in a very intense committed (9 year )relationship in Dalllas. We were engaged . He was intensely there for me as were involved in a very difficult custody litigation over my sons (now 21,20 &17). At the same time (2008) he experienced a complete loss of his assets in the Real Esate mkt. I am 49 he is 45. He lived w/ me while he was being sued over his real estate ventures and he was my best friend, support and "family" while I went to court over my children. I was his as he went through major financial difficulties.He tried various jobs to regain hes financial footing even moving to Colorado 2 years ago. I have stayed in Dallas for the stability of my job and for my time with my youngest son. He just finally made his first substantial job in his current job in the oil and gas industry this past month. we have looked at houses to lease multiple times but have not had much time away from our jobs to attend to each. I just started the job earch there as he got his decent pay check ..finally! 2-3 weeks ago it became apparent to me that he had met a new "friend". He told me he would that friendship , start fresh with us, said we were in a committed relationship just as we had for 9 years and our plans were moving forward. that friendship was not ended. He lied and went Aspen with her then told me she was more interested in him than he in her and that he loved me ...etc, etc,etc I hvae not gotten angry or enraged aina any way. i heave just asked him ti put that aside honor our 9 years of love, our new beginning finally and to spend time together which we took for granted terribly. what can i do!!!
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Relationship
3/3/2013
Counselor: Jen Helant, Counselor replied 4 years ago
Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
I would like to help. What is his response to everything you tell him? Is he wanting to be together and you suspect lying or he is saying now he does not want to move forward?
I look forward to your response, so I can provide an accurate answer.
Thanks,
Jennifer

10 days ago he asked that we start fresh due to previous bittterness for having to wait so long, my ending it with him a couple of times just to get away and reaches. I was faithful and in touch with him the whole time and came rushing bk to my own hm where he then lived. We then went to get a marriage license. I was skepticle and made it difficult. It hurt him. But it had bn 7 years and he still couldnt make any decent money. We both drank too much under the stress of eveything but we were very much in love. Now almost to the month that he can upgrade his car, get an apt of his own, my son is old enough to understand my desire to move he allows himself to get involved w/ someone else.10n days ago he said he would end "that " we would start fresh, he wud come to dallas for couple of days and we were in a commited relationship as always. its just gotten worse.

Thanks for explaining. So he has wanted to start fresh after all that happened since things were going to change and you both were finally going to be together. He said he was going to Dallas. Did he do that yet? How has things gotten worse? Is the other person still involved?

yes. instead of "putting that at Bay' as he said, the "frienship" that stared 2 -3 weeks ago turned into them going to OJO Caliente in New MEx this weekend. I hv access to his email unbeknownst to him but he knew I knew it was happening cuz he asked if i wanted and cud the same week. I am not a freakout jealous person. I was MISS USA and still cud compete today and I love him enuf to know one of of something new w/ someone 15 years younger than him is not even in the ball park of what we hv . but then again I may hv been blind the whole time > 9 years is a long time. lots of plans made and within a month this betrayal. Shes there to attend to him . I am not.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Jen Helant
Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor