How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 5334
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology helping with relationships
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is suffering badly from Ed since I accidently I

This answer was rated:

My husband is suffering badly from Ed since I accidently I did a no no and mentioned my x in the bedroom since then he has been below par and has been comparing himself to my x and wanting to do to me what he had done to me. He hass't yet done! and in his word he feels less of a man each day..... What do or can I do? I have tried loads of things to try and relax him but nothing works ....

Hi! I'll be glad to be of help with this issue.

I can imagine how frustrating and worrisome this situation must be for you. You are clearly a loving and caring wife and this small mistake has spiraled out of control. This is indeed worrisome. And it must be frustrating for you as well because you certainly could not have anticipated that it would become such a big problem.

And this is really an important point about the situation. Somehow, this small mistake became for him something that has altered completely his life and abilities. This would indicate that perhaps his anxiety about himself and his sense of self worth and masculinity were already problematic for him before you mentioned anything about your ex.

The fact that he has become so depressed and anxious about this that he no longer has the confidence to be able to have sex normally as he did in the past is an indication of this. The fact that you've tried so many good ideas (dressing up, taking time with sex, etc.) but they haven't had normal success is problematic as well. Therefore, I think that it's time for him to now seek therapy help.

I would prefer, though, that you seek a psychologist or psychotherapist who is certified as a sex therapist as well. Here is the UK organization's therapist directory:

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. Mark and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you