Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

i met a girl online 3months ago and were chatting for 2 months

an she gave me her...
i met a girl online 3months ago and were chatting for 2 months an she gave me her number and have been texting 2 months which in that time i asked to phone her with no reply i have asked to meet as well but she said sh wasn't ready for a relationship but i do make her laugh and im nice and that she wouldn't of give her number if she didnt like me.recently i sent a text that upset her and we didnt talk for a week and i sent an apology e-mail and she text me back hi david dont worry about it so i sent one back im realy embarrassed the last thing i wanted to do was upset her, an that i realy liked her an felt such a fool texting all the time. and still waiting for a responce from her, i dont realy know where i stand
11/4/2012
Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Hello. When people text and/or e-mail all the time instead of talking face to face, a lot of context and meanings get misunderstood. I think I understand that you both have never met face to face based on your question. What you need to do at this point is send her a message asking her exactly what you what to know and be straight forward as possible. If you want to know where you stand, ask her. It's really as simple as that. If she refuses to respond after that and your apology, then she has decided to move on and there isn't a lot you can do about it at that point. You can't force her to communicate with you if she has chosen not to. You can apologize, get your point that you want to make and ask her what you want to know. There may have been something in the text that you sent which made her think about your personality or tendencies, I can't comment on that as you did not say what the text was. At this point, you have nothing to lose but to be honest and ask what you want to know.
Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist