DrFee
DrFee, Psychologist
Experience:  20+ years of counseling experience, Wife & Mother
66179016

How do I inform my fiancee that I hav a persitent itchy virginal

How do I inform my fiancee that I hav a persitent itchy virginal discharge and also that I have fibroad
Hello! Please remember that my responses are informational only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.

Have you seen a doctor about your discharge? That's something that should be addressed medically ASAP.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am presently undergoing a treatment on that, and the treatment is getting prolonged due to drug resistance. and i need to tell him this.

thank you

OK, that's good.

Tell me what your fears are in telling him. I'm inclined to tell you to say, "I have a vaginal infection that is taking awhile to clear up because my body has been resistant to the medication."

However, it sounds like you might have some fear in just telling him at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my fear is that he may not believe that the infection was not contacted through sex and may want to cancel the engagement, I also have the fear that the infection may not be cleared soon enough and this may cause me to postpone the wedding to avoid embarrassment since we are not having sex already.

If the infection was indeed not contacted via sex (which is very common, it's easy to get such an infection), and he does not believe you, then you have a significant problem in your relationship. I would be concerned about a man who does not believe you.

Have there been other times where he has not believed you about something?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, he had always believed me

OK, good. Then is sounds like perhaps you are just anxious. I suspect that you are upset by the condition (which is extremely unpleasant) and are anticipating that he will have a negative reaction --without having any history of him being like that.

So, trust that you know who he really is and that he will be loving and caring when he hears that you have something going on that is bringing misery to you. Let him share the burden of that with you!

I hope that they find a medication that will actually help you and that you get better quickly.

Please feel free to follow up with me again.

Dr. Fee