Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Hi coach, hope your well? youre not going to believe this,

Hi coach, hope your well...
Hi coach, hope your well? you're not going to believe this, my woman has totally disappeared, on the site for 7 days, 5 days with a profile picture, I emailed her on the Friday night saying have a good luck but not to much etc. She read it Saturday morning checked my profile again, Sunday afternoon,
update her location then Sunday night removed her profile? How strange is that, the second woman I got a positive response from and she vanishes from the face of dating earth? There either on for a few days or a few years? Well we are where we are! It's beginning of another week in "No dates in the city!" Tonight's question is most profiles have very little information to respond to, how would you recommend I can reply to them make a connection? I've included some examples, there all very similar:

I work hard and have a positive attitude towards life. I enjoy time off with my family and friends going for walks, visiting new places or out for a meal. I am really busy with two young children and my job but there is always time to share the good things in life with someone who has a similar outlook. Please contact me if you would like to know more....

Bubbly & sociable lady looking for a nice man to share fun, laughter & wine.
I am a divorced single mum looking for that someone special to share my life with. I enjoy keeping fit, dining out & socialising. Would like to meet someone likeminded who is equally happy exercising & keeping active as he is lounging in front of TV with a good bottle of wine & good company.

How are difficult can it be? !
Very open and excited by new things but also like tradition. Looking for someone to spark off and have lots of fun with. Banter and laughs are a must, no grumpsters. A love of food, wine and the finer things in life a big bonus.
Regards,

Simon
10/1/2012
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

CoachJenK :

I dont understand that at all....

CoachJenK :

So many people "say" they are looking for the real thing but fear gets in the way.

CoachJenK :

It can be very frustrating to stay in the game. Sometimes taking a break from it and coming back refreshed can help.

Customer:

It's very strange?

CoachJenK :

If the profiles dont say much then you can just offer a bit about you and ask them to tell you more about them.

CoachJenK :

very strange.

CoachJenK :

she may reappear as quickly as she disappeared. she could have had a bad date with that guy and took it down for a bit.

Customer:

Hi yes, it's seems really strange but I guess it's not very easy? For a woman ether!

CoachJenK :

just as impossible

CoachJenK :

both genders play some games, not really sure what they want, and disappear and then reappear.

CoachJenK :

very hard....but there is someone out there.

Customer:

Yes, it appears to be!

CoachJenK :

what else are you doing to meet other than dating sites?

Customer:

Yes, I can't give up I spent all my life really waiting for things to happen, I've got to get it sorted!

CoachJenK :

I like your attitude...very positive

Customer:

Last week with you help I got two positive replies, once I get my right brain in gear we can crack this!

Customer:

I've spent my life been a spectator watching every body else get looky breaks, I'm going to make my own look!

CoachJenK :

exactly.

CoachJenK :

focus on the positive replies for sure.

Customer:

Yes, to be fair the response last week proved it's a case of technique and strategy I think!

CoachJenK :

yes the goal is to hook them, then get off the computer and meet so you can connect in real life

Customer:

Yes, that's the plan.

CoachJenK :

be silly and fun and funny...that is the hook

Customer:

Yes, just use the others as the basis of the reply?

CoachJenK :

yes that is a perfect idea. see how we structured it and then tailor it to the new profile

Customer:

And of course try and include the elephant joke, that was comedy Genius

CoachJenK :

I have much more...no worries. :-)

Customer:

Yes, that sounds good!

Customer:

OK, I will get back to the profiles, and try an find some more prospects in not like the adverts for these dating sites.

CoachJenK :

excellent. I look forward to helping.

Customer:

OK speak to you soon - Simon

CoachJenK :

take good care simon and dont be discouraged. it will happen.

Customer:

Cheers!

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC