John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

Hello, I have a friend who thinks always that I am hitting

I have a friend who thinks always that I am hitting on his girlfriend.
And in fact I am not... I just talk to her times to times in his presence because we are a group of friends... How can I make him believe that I am not interested with his girlfriend?
Thank you
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. Please note, this is not therapy, but information. I do hope I can help you though.

It sounds as if he has some serious trust issues. Your best approach would seem to be first of all, explain to him very clearly that you are not Interested in his girlfriend. I know you have likely already done this, but make sure he understands. Secondly, don't talk to her. I know this will be awkward, but it is best for your friendship and their relationship. Maybe he will see his childishness in time and apologize. In the meantime though this seems you best approach. Your friendship is likely worth the sacrifice.

I hope that was helpful. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Hi! I appreciate you allowing me to help you maybe arrive at a solution the other day. I hope I was helpful. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

John Michaels, MS, LPC