Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I have a friend who is infatuated with a woman who is twenty

two years younger than he...
I have a friend who is infatuated with a woman who is twenty two years younger than he. e
7/1/2012
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. Please note, this is not therapy, but advice. I do hope I can help you though. Please give some clarification on your situation and question and I will try to give you an answer as soon as I am back on line.
i think I have fallen into something after forty two years of marriage.I am definitely attracted to a younger woman whom I have hired to work in my office in my business. I am fearful that her attraction to me is simply a financial one since she is unemployed and in dire straits financially. Her responses to me although warm and friendly have not in my opinion measured equal intensity. Understandably, there could be some oppressive action on my part since I am her sole source of real income I need to be less vocal with my pursuit and give her room to respond is she has any inclination There is some response from her, but it is intermittent and hesitant in my opinion. She has an unproductive relationship with another man. I
Honestly you seem to have mostly answered your question yourself. You probably do need to back off a bit and give her a chance to show interest in you. If she is interested, she will let you know. Honestly, if you are married, I would probably focus on rekindling the marriage flame first and see where that took me. It may be that you already have what you are really looking for.
I have in time past expressed the fact that my marriage has for over five years been absent any intimacy. My wife has chosen to refrain from any sexual contact, even to kissing other than a peck on the cheek. I have talked to her about these problems of intimacy, but she ignores the conversation openings. I do not desire to remain celibate for rest of my productive years I am still vital and vibrant, ready for sexual and personal intimacy with a loving partner. I feel that it is hopeless with my wife.
I am sorry to hear about the issues in your marriage. By virtue of my profession, I feel there is always hope. Back to your question though. The best way to decipher her intentions is to withdraw all financial and other incentives, and see if her interest in you persists without them. I do believe for her sake, though, your wife's, and your own, you probably should resolve the issues in one relationship one way or the other before pursuing another. Best wishes...
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)

I am sorry. It seems you are evidently not completely satisfied with my answer. The answer I gave you was based on my experience and the information you provided. Please let me know if you have any further questions or additional information that might clarify the situation a bit more.. I really do want to be a help to you. Thank you!

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Hi! I appreciate you allowing me to help you maybe arrive at a solution the other day. I hope I was helpful. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

John Michaels, MS, LPC
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)