How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Elliott, LPCC, NCC Your Own Question
Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Category: Relationship
Satisfied Customers: 7664
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Type Your Relationship Question Here...
Elliott, LPCC, NCC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im married for 12years but still feel that i not good enough

Resolved Question:

I'm married for 12years but still feel that i not good enough for my marriaeas my husband constantly criticise me this hasaffectmy way of thinking rationally and try to do what hewants but still theres always soething that ends up in us not doing what he expect i can not say what i want as he ignores my feelings and misinterprete and change my statement
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 5 years ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

I am so sorry for your difficult life. You have suffered for 12 years. This seems to be enough. You now have three options:

-tell your husband that things have to change and that you want him to go to marriage counsellng with you because you cannot continue with the relationship like this. Have a counellor lined up - someone whom you feel comfortable and find intelligent.

-if your husband refuses to make any attempts to change, talk to an attorney about getting a divorce on the best terms possible for you. When your husband sees that you are serious he might try the first option.

-your last option is to just accept your fate and do nothing. This is not very acceptable and nothing will change, but that will be your continuous fate unless you try either one of the first two plans. Change requires action on your part.

I understand how frightening and difficult this is, but this is the rest of your life that lies ahead. Do you want something better or just more of the same?

I wish you great strength and fortune.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC and other Relationship Specialists are ready to help you

Related Relationship Questions