Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

ive recently found out my partner has been having phone sex

Customer Question

ive recently found out my partner has been having phone sex with his ex im not sure what to do now i dont know how we can move on
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
How long have you been together? What is his explanation? What are you contemplating as your options for the future?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we have been together two and a half years. he said it didnt mean anything he was just feeling very down in himself and he wasnt getting enough affection from me, (we have a 7month old baby that doesnt sleep) i do love him and want to sort things out i just dont know how
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
Well if you acknowledge his concerns about not getting affection from you, then is this where you can start?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes. how do i learn to trust him again
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
I don't think you will be able to trust him. It is apparent that when problems start between you two then he runs to other women. He should be running to you. So, I guess what you can do is be more available to him and open to discussing problems. Whether or not he is accepting of this is totally up to him. If he becomes more receptive and open to you then the trust starts to build. If he shuts you out, does not want to talk about things, etc.. then the trust will never be there.