TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

My husband had an affair 3 years ago, we had been married for

Customer Question

My husband had an affair 3 years ago, we had been married for 28 years and it was a complete shock to me. We decided to try again after he said he had made a terrible mistake and wanted to come back home. I have recently dicovered he has looked her up on twitter and facebook, but not made any contact. He has also been looking at porn on the internet, which i have confronted him about. He is not a bad man, he is attentive and we have a great lifestyle. I am so mixed up, so hurt and my elf esteem is so low. What should i do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 5 years ago.

CoachJenK :

Hello, thank for joining me. Please forgive any typos as I get very immersed in my work with you and sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers. am so sorry for your pain. am sorry that he is returning to bahavior that is a betrayal. it becomes about what you are willing to accept and tolerate in the relationship. of course your confidence is shaken. is it an option to get into some counseling together?

JACUSTOMER-2qdnlzmu- :

I did ask him, he aid he didnt think we needed it. Can you confirm no one ele on line can see this please

CoachJenK :

Your time with me gets put in as mt file but your name on here only your customer number but our tread does show up under my profile for questions that have responded to.

JACUSTOMER-2qdnlzmu- :

ok

CoachJenK :

Please let me know if you are comfortable to continue

JACUSTOMER-2qdnlzmu- :

no its ok will finish now sorry to waste your time

CoachJenK :

No worries come back if you need me

JACUSTOMER-2qdnlzmu- :

thank you

CoachJenK :

You have not wasted my time

CoachJenK :

I am here if you need me