TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker
64783947

we split up a couple of weeks ago, she claims we had nothing

we split up a couple of weeks ago, she claims we had nothing in common but realy we did but i did not cook enough for her.Or pic a topic to talk about every week. Some times i made a thoughtless remark ,so did she. I surgested a break a part for a couple of months. She states she wants me in her life and still loves me to bits. I had stresses ,no work ,poor frail mother etc. Her friend said to me give her some space ,I have lost my inner confidence and security. She wants to stay friends and we will see. What do you say as we were engaged for 16 months
Hello, thank for joining me. Please forgive any typos as I get very immersed in my work with you and sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers.you are going through so much right now and I would like you to cut yourself some slack. A step back from one another may be good so you can have the time to see how you feel for each other and if you are on the same page. Please go easy on yourself and express how you feel and trust your instincts.
Hello, thank for joining me. Please forgive any typos as I get very immersed in my work with you and sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers. It sounds like you have a lot going on that would shake anyones confidence. Be kind to yourself. A step back may be a good idea so you can both have the time to work out your feelings ande what you both want and if your needs line up. You are handling a lot right now so I want you to cut yourself some slack. Trust your gut take a bit of a break and express how you feel.