psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

My girlfriend left me two months ago to "think things over".

Customer Question

My girlfriend left me two months ago to "think things over". She doesn't call but still texts me. Does this mean there is a chance we can reconcile?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

If she is texting you then there is a chance that you will get back together. Typically when a relationship is over people go there separate ways even if it is because they are in pain or they are angry. This separation is a clear indication that the person wants to end their intense feelings and move on. If it is the case that she is texting you then this could mean several things. One is that she values the relationship with you and wants that connection but you may be in the friend zone. The other is that she is missing the relationship and wants to maintain that connection because eventually she wants to be together. The best solution is to return her texts and try to get a position on whether this is friendly or it is romantic. You can at some point ask her why she is staying in touch and see what she is thinking rather than guess. But if there is continued communication there is a reason for that. I would find a good time to ask her why she wants to be in touch. Then there are no misunderstandings

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How do I stay OUT of the friendship zone and IN the romantic zone. I couldn't stand to be "friends" with her?

Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
I understand. There is no clear cut way but you can continue to remind her that your interest lies in having a relationship. Be kind and reassuring. Most of all encourage communication that lets her know you interested in more. Other than that you have to see how it goes.