psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I am dating someone else and a male friend I have history with

I am dating someone else and a male friend I have history with tells me his entire baseball team thinks I am ugly...what is that? And he didn't want to text me anymore....he is always on and off...doesn't want to date me himself....but always pushing my buttons. Why????
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.
How old are you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
18 high school senior.....he is 18 ....college freshmen...he can be abusive verbally...he is full scholarship material, both academically and atheletically... this has been going on over a year and a half.....if i am happy with someone else, he is nice at first, then gets verbal...i know we always try to be one up on each other and have come to an understanding....he wants to enjoy college, see how many girls he can have sex with, has tried with me, told him I am not into casual or uncommited sex...we have chemistry, but I can't seem to move on from him....he intentionally tries to hurt my feelings sometimes. I have no idea why as I have told him how much he means to me in the past. I have been dating someone else, who really cares about me and the more happy I am, the worse things become with him...Don't know what he wants from me.
Expert:  psychlady replied 5 years ago.

You are young but it is time to make some choices about guys. If he is abusive he doesn't care about you. Even he may think he does but someone who cares about you in a genuine way doesn't abuse you. He also should not be sleeping around if he wants a relationship. If he wants to sleep around then let him go. He isn't ready. With everything combined he wants you to stay around while he sleeps with other people and is mean to you. You shouldn't want that for yourself. He will do this as long as he can because he can. He wants you to put up with it because if you don't then he has no one to fall back on when he behaves badly. Cut ties with this guy and find someone that treats you well all the time and don't concern yourself with what becomes of him.

Please press accept; this is the only way I am compensated