AgapeDoc
AgapeDoc, Counselor
Experience:  Dr. W. D. Nicholas is a relationship expert & can help families or organizations become more effective.
55589990

2 months ago i started to become really good friends with this

2 months ago i started to become really good friends with this girl and gradually we have started to like each other just more than friends- we have made out on a couple of occasions. However, both of us not want a serious relationship as we both are doing a very time intensive course at uni. Then again, we find that as friends when we are alone/ drunk something always happens and both of us do not believe in the FWB situation. I do not know how to sort this out, as we cannot completely ignore each other and stop being friends because the university we are in is very small- only a handful of international students. Personally, i would like to try to make the relationship work but she is too scared that it would affect her studies- it would a little bit because we do waste ALOT of time when we are together. Also i was wondering what the different between being very close friends to becoming an official BF and GF- we talk nearly every day and help each other and are very touch feely when we are together.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  AgapeDoc replied 5 years ago.

AgapeDoc :

Thanks for contacting Just Answer....

AgapeDoc :

I have read you post a couple of times and I think I can help here. it is my intention to answer your question and exceed your expectations. If you are satisfied with my efforts will you click on the green accept button?

AgapeDoc :

OK... I see you are off like so I will try and answer your question with what you have posted here so far....

AgapeDoc :

This is really a very easy situation to address and I am very happy for both of you. It's not easy to find someone to share time in the way you both have :)

AgapeDoc :

I understand that she wants to concentrate on her studies and I'm sure you do too. I'll address that in a moment.

Customer:

sorry this is my first time, is this a a live convo?

Customer:

kk

AgapeDoc :

Now your question really seems to be how can you make this work and what's the difference between being "friends" and boyfriend and girlfriend.....

AgapeDoc :

Well........

AgapeDoc :

I would say you hit the jackpot :)

AgapeDoc :

What I mean is... the best "mates" or BF & GF are most importantly friends first! You seem to have that going for you!!!!!! I can't tell you how many people I work with who wish they had what you have :)

AgapeDoc :

So you can be BF & GF - just come to a mutual understanding that you will be there for each other as you have been so far - very nice.

AgapeDoc :

Now as for the studies.....

Customer:

ahh, i thought becoming good friends before got me in a worse situation than just asking her right out -/

AgapeDoc :

It's best to be friends first..... as for the Bf & GF situation, you simply have to come to an agreement on how to schedule your time - work study time (even if you do it together) into your schedule - also work romantic time into your schedule as well as time away from each other to be with other friends occasionally according to both of your desires.

AgapeDoc :

Your studies will actually benefit from this as will you happiness :)

Customer:

we both are doing medicine and live in prague atm

Customer:

the only time we can spend time with eachother, is if i come to hers or she comes to mine- or we go out during the weekends

Customer:

and generally she comes to mine because she is staying with someone - but when she does we 'waste' the whole day and the next-/

AgapeDoc :

The schedule can be anything you both agree on.........I hope I have answered your questions. If you are satisfied with my efforts please don't forget to click on the green accept button because I need to get credit for my efforts.

AgapeDoc :

I wish you much happiness :)