AgapeDoc
AgapeDoc, Counselor
Experience:  Dr. W. D. Nicholas is a relationship expert & can help families or organizations become more effective.
55589990

Generally speaking, why do people have a need to show off to

Generally speaking, why do people have a need to show off to others? For example, they buy super expensive material items on credit that they cannot actually afford. As you know, every person is different. However, what are possible explanations for their behavior?

AgapeDoc :

Thanks for contacting Just Answer.

AgapeDoc :

Let me see if I can answer your question here....

AgapeDoc :

You have posed a very good question and one that I speak of often.

AgapeDoc :

It is my intention to answer your question and exceed your expectations.

AgapeDoc :

Generally speaking, people buy things to make themselves feel better. They often buy things to boost their self-esteem.

AgapeDoc :

And marketers find ways to make us feel inferior if we don't have all the up to date "stuff". People who buy too much stuff are looking on the outside to validate their self-worth as opposed to looking on the inside.

AgapeDoc :

I hope I have answered your question. I wish you all the best. Please don't forget to click on green accept button if you are satisfied with my efforts. Thanks.

AgapeDoc :

Be well.